Amid all the excitement of The Mandalorian last year, Ewan McGregor announced he would be reprising his iconic role as Obi-Wan Kenobi for a Disney+ exclusive series. Everyone went nuts with excitement, but we haven't heard anything since. Now, we have more details on the cast of the show, along with confirmation that production begins in April.
Hayden is Back
We'll get to the rest of the cast, which has some very exciting names in it, in a moment. But the biggest news of all is that the original face of Anakin, Hayden Christensen himself, will be recapturing his performance as the senior Skywalker, this time behind the mask of Darth Vader.
The hysterical Kumail Nanjiani and Homeland star Rupert Friend are some of the biggest names on this list. Sung Kang, best known for his work in the Fast and Furious franchise, is an exciting inclusion as well.
Indira Varma, who made her name on HBO's Game of Thrones is joining the party too!
Deborah Chow Will Be Behind The Camera
Deborah Chow is a Canadian filmmaker who's directed episodes of shows like Mr Robot, The Mandalorian, and Beauty and the Beast. She's an accomplished television director and independent filmmaker who's long overdue for a shot at something bigger.
Production of the show is set to begin in April, and Star Wars fandom across the world can't wait.
- Disney Announces Several New Star Wars Series And Movies ... ›
- A Special Episode of 'The Mandalorian' to Premiere August 25th - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Fast and Furious 10' Announces Premiere Date - Celebrity Page ›
- 'No Time to Die' Wins Big at the Box Office - Celebrity Page ›
- Megan Thee Stallion Gives Emotional Interview About Tory Lanez Shooting - Celebrity Page ›