In a new interview with Variety magazine, actress Anya Taylor-Joy gave some insight into her role as the titular character in George Miller's new film Furiosa. Taylor-Joy is best-known for her starring role in Netflix miniseries The Queen's Gambit, though she has also had roles in Peaky Blinders and The New Mutants.
While conversing with her Emma co-star Josh O'Connor (who played Prince Charles in The Crown), Taylor-Joy revealed that her favorite part of working on Furiosa is the director, George Miller. Miller, who has made some of the grittiest action films in history and also the animated penguin movie Happy Feet, was described by Taylor-Joy as having an "incredible" mind. She also spoke highly of the role, saying she was "excited" to take on a character with such an emphasis on physicality.
Furiosa, a prequel to 2015's Mad Max: Fury Road, explores the backstory of the zesty Imperator Furiosa. When she first appeared in Fury Road (played by Charlize Theron), Furiosa had an unexplained mechanical arm and quickly became a fan favorite due to her profusion of impressive action moments. Though few details about the new film have been revealed yet, it's clear that this will be a must-see action movie.
Taylor-Joy, who is partly Argentine, says her family has some reservations about the articulation of the character's name. According to her father, the name should have an accent in order to conform to Spanish pronunciation. Taylor-Joy laughs it off since it's an English-speaking film, but perhaps a dubbed version of the film will take a different approach.
Furiosa is tentatively scheduled to release on June 23, 2023.
- The Cast of 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' Has Been Revealed, Production to ... ›
- Taylor Swift Surprise-Releases Another Song from The Vault ... ›
- Anya Taylor-Joy and Ralph Fiennes to Star in 'The Menu' - Advocate ... ›
- Prince William Cheers On England with Prince George At The Euro Finals - Advocate Channel ›
- Olivia Rodrigo Wins Big at the 2022 Billboard Music Awards - Advocate Channel ›
- Julie Andrews Knew Anne Hathaway Would Be a Star - Advocate Channel ›
- Virgin Airlines Operates World's First Transatlantic Flight With Net-Zero Emissions - Advocate Channel ›