Halyna Hutchins' husband wants Alec Baldwin to take responsibility for his role in the cinematographer's death.
The cinematographer was tragically killed during the filming of Baldwin's film, Rust, after a prop gun mistakenly loaded with real bullets misfired, fatally wounding her.
Though Baldwin fired the gun, he claims he was unaware of any live ammunition, and denies accountability. Less than two months after the incident, Baldwin gave an interview where he stated,
“Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who that is, but it’s not me.”
The Hutchins family filed a lawsuit against Baldwin and the production company two weeks ago, alleging that "reckless behavior" and "cutting costs" were responsible for her death. Now, Hutchins' husband has sat down for his own interview, where he called out Baldwin for his role in the shooting.
The widower and father of a nine-year-old son with Halyna, Matt Hutchins, believes Baldwin was directly responsible for the incident. He claims,
“The idea that the person holding the gun and causing it to discharge is not responsible is absurd to me."
He also gave his thoughts on Baldwin's infamous interview, which he apparently took great issue with, stating,
“I was just so angry to see him talk about her death so publicly in such a detailed way and then to not accept any responsibility after having just described killing her. [...] Almost sounds like he was the victim. And hearing him blame Halyna in the interview and shift responsibility to others and seeing him cry about it. I just feel — are we really supposed to feel bad about you, Mr. Baldwin?"
Hutchins then elaborated on the other issues faced on set, beyond gun safety and prop management.
"But gun safety was not the only problem on that set. There were a number of industry standards that were not practiced and there’s multiple responsible parties. But in the end, justice won’t bring Halyna back but maybe the memory of her can help keep people safe and prevent something like this from ever happening again."
Hutchins says any money received from the lawsuits will go to supporting him and his son.
- Katee Sackhoff Takes Sail In Romantic New Hallmark Holiday Film ... ›
- HGTV Tackles Home Renovations In Unconventional Ways On 'No ... ›
- Nicole Walters Takes Over USA With Her New Bossy Show ... ›
- Watch: Our Favorite Lucy Moments From 'I Love Lucy' - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Don't Look Up' Director Adam McKay Reveals Filming Secrets ... ›
- Peacock Drops A New 'Saved By The Bell' Reboot Trailer ›
- Six More Weeks of Winter? Six More Show Episodes to Binge Watch ›
- Black Eyed Peas Address Fergie's Absence On New Album ... ›
- John Cena Marries Shay Shariatzadeh In Private Ceremony ›
- Shayne Jansen Demands an Apology from a Tearful Natalie Lee at Reunion - Advocate Channel ›
- HGTV Tackles Home Renovations In Unconventional Ways On 'No Demo Reno' & 'Unsellable Houses' - Advocate Channel ›
- Six More Weeks of Winter? Six More Show Episodes to Binge Watch - Advocate Channel ›
- Peacock Drops A New 'Saved By The Bell' Reboot Trailer - Advocate Channel ›
- John Cena Marries Shay Shariatzadeh In Private Ceremony - Advocate Channel ›