The Black Eyed Peas are back after a ten year break! The only problem? People are wondering what happened to Fergie, whose absence is notable among listeners.
Fergie's Absence Explained
In an interview with Billboard, Black Eyed Peas member Will.i.am explained Fergie is simply focusing on her family and raising her son, Axl. He speaks on this further by saying:
"That's a hard job, and that's what she really wants to do and we're here for her, and she knows how to contact us for a retreat or a breakaway. It's really the way Fergie designed it, so we're respecting her design. We love Fergie, and we don't want anything but awesomeness for her."
Now, the Black Eyed Peas have a new female singer, J. Rey Soul. When asked by Billboard if Fergie had listened to their new album, Translation, Will.i.am noted that she hadn't, but that he hopes she likes it. He goes on discuss the current state of the music group's relationship with Fergie:
"We try to keep in touch. We reach out every once in a while and say our hellos and happy birthdays and Merry Christmas and Happy Easter. She knows where we're at! We're at the studio."
Translation is out now on Spotify and other music streaming platforms!
- concert-news - Advocate Channel ›
- Katy Perry And Black Eyed Peas Headline Rock The Vote Virtual ... ›
- Celebrate the Fourth of July with These Shows! - Advocate Channel ›
- Josh Duhamel Talks 'Shotgun Wedding', Working With Jennifer Lopez - Advocate Channel ›
- Husband of Late 'Rust' Cinematographer Wants Alec Baldwin to Take Responsibility - Advocate Channel ›
- Inside the Kardashian-Jenner Extravagant Easter Celebration - Advocate Channel ›
- will.i.am's Foundation Is Raising Money To Send Kids To College ›