Audiences will get to watch Chadwick Boseman steal the spotlight one last time this weekend.
The new Netflix drama, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom is based on August Wilson's play of the same name about the mother of blues, real-life singer Gertrude "Ma" Rainey played by Viola Davis.
Directed by George C. Wolfe, the film takes audiences inside the 1920's recording studio as Ma and trumpet player Levee Green, played by Boseman, face off against each other and their white music producer and manager over control of her music. Davis praises Boseman's performance stating:
I think it's the greatest role for a young African man...ever.
Davis also discussed how she and everyone would watch a great artist. Boseman filmed the movie while battling colon cancer. Now Boseman is getting Oscar buzz for his incredible performance. Boseman was a talent that Hollywood, fans, and audiences lost too soon. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom is streaming now.
- Chadwick Boseman Honored In His Hometown Of Anderson, South ... ›
- Chadwick Boseman's Impact On Hollywood And Culture - Advocate ... ›
- Chadwick Boseman's Most Memorable Roles - Advocate Channel ›
- Celebs Pay Tribute To Chadwick Boseman - Advocate Channel ›
- Marvel Honors Chadwick Boseman's Birthday Through The 'Black ... ›
- Sienna Miller Reveals Story of Chadwick Boseman's Generosity ... ›
- 2021 Independent Spirit Award Nominees Announced - Advocate Channel ›
- What to Expect at the Independent Spirit Awards - Advocate Channel ›