In mid-July, Hollywood mogul Tyler Perry built a bubble known as "Camp Quarantine" at his Georgia-based studio. The bubble made it possible for his casts and crews to be able to produce content, including season two of Sistas in the safest way possible, making Sistas the first of his shows to return to a full production.
We spoke with Sistas star Chido Nwokocha, who said the whole filming experience is completely different.
'Sistas' Returns For Season Two 📺
Sistas' Instagram account announced the renewal of the BET show on May 27, 2020. Sistas season two production began on July 15 and wrapped less than two weeks later, ahead of schedule.
Sistas follows the lives of four, single women as they explore their love and work lives. This show stands as a coming-of-age television show for young, Black women and received amazing reviews for their first season.
Tyler Perry Opens "Camp Quarantine" 🌳
In an Instagram post, Tyler Perry Studios shared a video of the cast and crew's experience at Camp Q, where they were tested every four days, had socially distanced meetings, and constantly wore masks. To keep morale up, the studio even provided food trucks and socially distanced outdoor movie nights.
Over the two weeks of production, no member of the cast or crew tested positive for COVID-19.
Chido Nwokocha's Time At Camp ⛺️
Chido Nwokocha plays Gary Marshall Borders on Sistas and received the camp-like treatment while filming season two!
"It was just crazy because you're literally in this bubble for the period of time and you're not going anywhere. You got to find other things to occupy your time and keep yourself busy. Everybody was in good spirits and wanted to make it work."
As for living in "the bubble," Nwokocha said,
"I woke up, I worked out, got me food. There was food there...that's all I needed to know."
The Stars Share Their Time On Set 🎬
KJ Smith, who plays one of the leading ladies, Andi Barnes, showed her and her set roommate preparing breakfast, while in their temporary home.
Ebony Obsidian, who plays another one of the leading ladies, Karen Mott, posts a photo of herself at the studio homes, which appear to be in very nice shape.
Tyler Perry inspires many creators to think outside of the box and is an innovator throughout the film and television industry.
Sistas returns to BET on October 14 at 9 pm.
- So what safety protocols are being put in place to follow COVID-19 ... ›
- Tyler Perry to be Honored with the Governor's Award at the 2020 ... ›
- Tyler Perry Speaks Out About Racial Injustice - Advocate Channel ›
- Tyler Perry Studios Feeds 5,000 Families Through TPSGiving Food Giveaway - Advocate Channel ›
- One-On-One: Stevie Baggs Jr. Chats 'Ruthless' & Working With Tyler Perry In "Camp Quarantine" - Advocate Channel ›
- Ebony Obsidian & DeVale Ellis Tease What's To Come On 'Sistas' - Advocate Channel ›
- Kron Moore Gives Us An Inside Look At 'The Oval' On BET - Advocate Channel ›
- The Breakfast Club Met for Detention 37 Years Ago - Advocate Channel ›
- Tyler Perry Brings Back Character Madea for Netflix Movie - Advocate Channel ›
- Justin Bieber Tests Positive for Covid-19 as He Postpones US Tour Dates - Advocate Channel ›
- Tyler Perry & Brandon Black Talk About Netflix's 'A Madea Homecoming' - Advocate Channel ›
- The Show Must Go On: ‘SNL’ To Have Studio Audience Amid COVID-19 Pandemic - Advocate Channel ›