It's the end of a reality TV era! The Kardashians are saying goodbye to their reality show on E! as Thursday premieres their final season of #KUWTK.
#KUWTK Comes To An End 📺
The final season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians should be filled with new complicated love endeavors as Khloé and Tristan might have baby number two together!
The family started their journey in 2007 and are going onto their 20th season.
Kris Jenner stated in an interview with Ellen Degeneres,
"I think we were talking about signing up for another couple of years with our network and suddenly just all came to the decision as a group that the whole family felt it was just time."
Kris looked back on past moments and reasons as to why the show became what it is today.
"You know, it's so weird to think that when we started the show, there was barely Twitter. There were no other social media platforms really like there was no Instagram there was no Snapchat. There were no grandchildren people weren't married or divorced. Or, you know, it was just so crazy that all of this has happened, and to look back and think I have the most amazing home movies in the world."
Although they are closing the doors on this medium, the Kardashians never fail to make headlines as the Kim and Kanye filed for divorce and Kourtney's new relationship with Blink 182's Travis Barker.
The Kardashian's Move To Hulu 🎬
With the long list of reality TV shows who have made history throughout the years, KUWTK's is no stranger to the top of that list.
Reality TV expert, Mariah Smith, opened up on the show's legacy and how it redefined the genre of reality television.
"They've been on TV through the ups and downs of reality TV and the various changes. They've adapted to what people expect from reality TV," Smith said.
But, the Kardashians always have something else up their sleeve, as they have recently signed a new deal with Hulu.
"I think that they're trying to branch out in a different way and going to a streaming platform is very current, very the thing to do at this moment," Smith said. "So, I think what we'll see is either another show featuring the whole family or more individual shows we get an individual look at each of their lives."
The final season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians kicks off tonight on E!
You can also check out Mariah Smith's reality TV podcast, Spectacle: An Unscripted History of Reality TV, on all podcast platforms.
Lisa Vanderpump's New Show 🍷
The other queen of reality TV? Lisa Vanderpump!
The former RHOBH star has an all new show hosting parties for multiple celebrities at her Beverly Hills mansion.
Observed with Lisa Vanderpump premieres Thursday, March 18th, on E!
- Kim Kardashian - Advocate Channel ›
- Kim Kardashian Instagram - Advocate Channel ›
- kim-kardashian - Advocate Channel ›
- Reports: Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Divorce Looming ... ›
- Kim Kardashian West Gifts Fans On Twitter $1000 - Advocate Channel ›
- Keeping-Up-With-the-Kardashians, - Advocate Channel ›
- Stars You Forgot Appeared On 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians ... ›
- New Reality TV Shows Coming To Screens: 'Welcome To Plathville ... ›
- 'Married At First Sight' & 'Couples Retreat' Capture The Highs & Lows Of Dynamic Relationships - Advocate Channel ›
- Ellen DeGeneres Announces The End of Her Talk Show - Advocate Channel ›
- Helen Hunt Joins Daveed Diggs & Jasmine Cephas Jones On 'Blindspotting' - Advocate Channel ›
- Blink 182's Mark Hoppus Reveals Cancer Diagnosis - Advocate Channel ›
- How Khloe Kardashian Really Feels About Tristan Thompson - Advocate Channel ›
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker Get Married in Las Vegas - Advocate Channel ›
- Is Kris Jenner Secretly Married? - Advocate Channel ›
- The Final Season of KUWTK Previewed In New Teaser Trailer - Advocate Channel ›
- Celebrities Rejoice on International Women's Day - Advocate Channel ›