Last week, London-based firm Hipgnosis Song Management announced they bought Justin Timberlake's entire musical catalog.
The purchase includes all of the 41-year-old singer-songwriter's musical copyrights, including songs the "Suit & Tie" singer co-wrote. It also encompasses music Timberlake released in association with movies, television and streaming.
According to The Wall Street Journal, the Timberlake acquisition is worth around $100 million.
The Hipgnosis Songs Fund now holds the rights to some of the biggest hit songs released in the 2010s, like "Cry Me a River," "SexyBack" and "Mirrors," just to name a few.
The purchase was made on behalf of Hipgnosis Songs Capital, a partnership between Hipgnosis Song Management and funds managed by private equity firm Blackstone.
"I am excited to be partnering with [Hipgnosis founder and CEO Merck Mercuriadis.] He values artists and their creative work and has always been a strong supporter of songwriters and storytelling. I look forward to entering this next chapter," Timberlake shared in a press release.
Timberlake was not the first musical juggernaut to sell his catalog to Hipgnosis Song Management. The investment company has already spent billions on song rights. Back in 2020, Bob Dylan sold his catalog for an estimated $300 million.
Hipgnosis Song Management also bought rights to songs by Neil Young, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Journey, Blondie and Shakira.
- Kanye West & Kendrick Lamar Set to Headline Rolling Loud Miami ... ›
- Grammy-Winning Country Singer Naomi Judd Has Passed at 76 ... ›
- DJ Khaled BEGS Drake to be in the music video - Advocate Channel ›
- Paris Hilton - Heartbeat Official Music Video - Advocate Channel ›
- Coldplay and Selena Gomez Drop Trippy Music Video for 'Let ... ›
- Justin Timberlake Sells His Entire Music Catalog For $100 Million ... ›
- Lady Gaga, Will Smith and Janet Jackson new projects - Advocate ... ›
- Quentin Tarantino Crowns 'The Social Network' As Best Movie Of ... ›
- Lea Michele and Zandy Reich - Advocate Channel ›
- Britney Spears' 'Crossroads' Film Turns 20! - Advocate Channel ›
- Stars Who Got Their Big Break On Disney - Advocate Channel ›
- Hallmark star Nikki DeLoach on her newest movie - Advocate Channel ›
- Britney Spears Calls Out Justin Timberlake in Deleted Instagram ... ›
- "Heartbeat:" Paris Hilton's Brand New Music Video - Advocate Channel ›
- A Look Back At Which Celebrities Welcomed Newborns In 2020 - Advocate Channel ›
- Justin Bieber Replaces Drake In New DJ Khaled 'POPSTAR' Music Video - Advocate Channel ›