Sir Elton John announced that he will be streaming iconic performances of his on his YouTube channel to raise money for pandemic relief for the next six weeks!
All proceeds from the streams will go towards the Elton John AIDS Foundation, which is currently providing pandemic relief. In a statement, John talked about the COVID-19 initiative that his foundation is currently tackling:
"My foundation's COVID-19 Emergency Fund helps frontline partners prepare for and respond to the pandemic and its effects on HIV prevention and care for the most marginalized communities. We cannot jeopardize HIV testing and care during this time or else the results could be disastrous for the 37.5 million people living with HIV. So, I'm really happy to connect this YouTube Concert series to benefit our foundation's urgent COVID response."
The series begins this Friday, July 3rd with his iconic 1976 performance live from Playhouse Theatre in Edinburgh, Scotland. After that, a new concert special will be available every Saturday at noon for the next six weeks.
Kickstart your weekend with the EJ Classic Concert Series. Starting from Friday 3rd July, we are bringing you 6 wee… https://t.co/0SXEg6NqV4— Elton John (@Elton John) 1593619991
The official Elton John Twitter account shared the exciting news along with a teaser trailer to show fans what they can expect from the series!
This series is perfect for anyone missing concerts or those wishing they experience Elton John's legendary career in its height during the 1970's. Grab a boa and an eccentric pair of glasses and get ready to dance!
- Summer At The Shore: New Jersey Holding First Drive-In Concert ... ›
- Katy Perry And Black Eyed Peas Headline Rock The Vote Virtual ... ›
- Live Nation Announces Drive-In Concert Series - Advocate Channel ›
- Celebrate Pride This Weekend With Andy Cohen's Pride Radio ... ›
- Cardi B Celebrates 28th Birthday With Lavish Party - Advocate Channel ›
- William "Bill" Shakespeare One Of The First To Receive COVID-19 Vaccine In Britain ›