It's a sad year for movie-goers, Paramount has delayed two major films.
A Quiet Place Part II
The highly anticipated sequel to the critic and commercial success has been delayed to 2021. Directed by John Krasinski and starring Emily Blunt, the horror sequel was set to release in March of 2020. A Quiet Place Part II is now set to release on April 23rd, 2021, over a year from its original March release date.
Top Gun: Maverick
Top Gun fans will have to unfortunately wait until 2021 for Top Gun: Maverick. The film is the long awaited sequel to the infamous 1988 film, Top Gun. The Tom Cruise movie was set to release in 2020 but will now fly into theaters on July 1st, 2021. The movie is directed by Joseph Kosinski and is starring Tom Cruise, who is returning to the 1988 role of Maverick.
In a statement President of International Theatrical Distribution Mark Viane said:
"We are committed to the theatrical experience and our exhibition partners, and want to stress that we are confident that, when the time comes, audiences everywhere will once again enjoy the singular joy of seeing Paramount films on the big screen."
- AMC To Delay Opening Theaters - Advocate Channel ›
- 2021 BAFTAs Delayed By Two Months - Advocate Channel ›
- Christopher Nolan's "Tenet" Release Delayed Indefinitely - Advocate ... ›
- CBS All Access Is Rebranding To Paramount+ In 2021 - Advocate Channel ›
- New Film With Emily Blunt and Jamie Dornan, ‘Wild Mountain Thyme,’ Releases Trailer - Advocate Channel ›
- Cole Hauser & Hallie Todd Give An Inside Look On New Sports Film 'The Last Champion' - Advocate Channel ›