Michael Fishman started his career at only six years old to playD.J. Conner on Roseanne. Now he's back, reprising his role and making his network directorial debut on The Conners.
Roseanne was an American sitcom that spanned ten seasons, and now the ABC show has a spin-off about the family called The Conners.
Fishman expresses his experience returning to the cast and role:
I grew up with everybody, not just in front of the camera, behind the camera too. It's like being able to go home; it was very cathartic in a way to go and work with everybody.
Michael Fishman, who continues his role as D.J. Conner also directed this season's Halloween episode, which has historically been a fan favorite.
He is handling all of this while also following strict safety protocols due to COVID-19. According to Fishman, everyone gets tested every day, and there's a lot of extra steps like one-way walkways, keeping things sanitized, and washing hands, but in some ways it also builds camaraderie and community:
There's an element where you're coming together to make something great.
Watch The Conners Wednesdays on ABC, and stream this Halloween episode on Hulu!
- The Conners Halloween Episode on ABC - Advocate Channel ›
- A Sneak Peek On What's To Come For Your Favorite Family Sitcoms ... ›
- The Goldbergs, The Conners, Black-Ish on ABC - Advocate Channel ›
- Michael Fishman On Directing 'The Conners' Halloween Special ... ›
- Candice Bergen Is Set To Guest Star On 'The Conners' ›
- 'The Conners' & 'The Good Doctor' Bring The Drama On Brand New Seasons - Advocate Channel ›
- Lecy Goranson Talks Family Dynamic & Evolution On 'The Conners' - Advocate Channel ›