11 years before Gaga was born, black religious activist Carl Bean wrote a song about being "Born This Way". Bean is an openly gay Motown artist that founded the Unity Fellowship Church in LA. In 2010, he published a memoir titled "I Was Born This Way".
Born This Way, my song and album, were inspired by Carl Bean, a gay black religious activist who preached, sung and wrote about being \u201cBorn This Way.\u201d Notably his early work was in 1975, 11 years before I was born.pic.twitter.com/92oIuPQYHs— Lady Gaga (@Lady Gaga) 1621822571
Gaga also went on to say,
"Thank you for decades of relentless love, bravery, and a reason to sing. So we can all feel joy, because we deserve joy. Because we deserve the right to inspire tolerance, acceptance, and freedom for all."
For more LGBTQ news, click here.
- Netflix's 'Strong Black Lead' is Celebrating Three Years - Advocate ... ›
- Lady Gaga Appears On Billboard's 2021 Grammy Preview Cover ... ›
- Celebs Recognize World Mental Health Day - Advocate Channel ›
- A Timeline of Lady Gaga's Number One Hits - Advocate Channel ›
- The Advocate, OUt and Pride now under LGBTQ+ ownership - Advocate Channel ›
- Lady Gaga Tells Lawmakers "Not to Mess" With Marriage Equality - Advocate Channel ›