The proposal took place over the holiday weekend and it's oh so sweet, you just might shed a tear.
Jaymes teamed up with Kay Jeweler's to bring his own ring design to life and hopes it's one that "other LGBTQ+ couples might be inspired by." He told People:
"I told [Kay Jewelers] I had an idea to create something not only for our special moment, but something other LGBTQ+ couples might be inspired by for their rings too. The idea of the ring in general is really special because at its core it's symbolic. It's symbolic of the union between two people and its symbolic of what the relationship is to those two people."
Diamonds line one side of the ring which can be worn towards or away from each other. The two have matching rings and say they'll turn the diamonds to face them on their wedding day. Jaymes told Jonathan:
"'The diamonds face us then because my world is exponentially more beautiful now that you are in it forever.".
As for the proposal itself, Jaymes surprised the love of his life with a song he wrote for the two of them. To make it all the better, they were surrounded by family as Jonathan had been told they were there to take Christmas photos.
How Jaymes and Jonathan Met
We here at Advocate Channel feel honored to be a part of their love story!
Jonathan Bennett - known for his role as Aaron Samuels in Mean Girls and his hosting appearances on the Food Network, met Jaymes while promoting his show Halloween Wars. Jonathan laughed and told Jaymes:
"The reason you and I are together and the reason that I found the love of my life is because of Halloween Wars."
Who would've thought a Advocate Channel interview would lead to life full of love!
Be sure to catch Bennett in his upcoming Christmas movie: The Christmas House, which is the first film on the Hallmark channel to feature an LGBTQ+ storyline.
Congrats to the happy couple!
- Advocate Channel ›
- This New Hallmark Movie Is Redefining Holiday Romance With ... ›
- Boo! Jonathan Bennett Tells Us About Season 10 Of 'Halloween Wars' ›
- A Advocate Channel Love Story: How Jaymes Vaughan And Jonathan Bennett Met - Advocate Channel ›
- Behind the scenes of Hallmark's Christmas House 2 - Advocate Channel ›
- Jonathan Bennett Talks Upcoming Wedding With Jaymes Vaughan & New Film 'Potato Dreams Of America' - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Mean Girls' Star Jonathan Bennett and Advocate Channel TV Host Jaymes Vaughan Wed in Mexico! - Advocate Channel ›
- Inside Jonathan Bennett's star-studded wedding - Advocate Channel ›
- Jonathan Bennett And Jaymes Vaughan Reveal More About Their Wedding Plans - Advocate Channel ›
- Jonathan Bennett Talks Engagement to Advocate Channel's Jaymes Vaughan - Advocate Channel ›