Actress Mayim Bialik debuted as the next Jeopardy! guest-host on Monday night. During her two-week run as guest-host, Jeopardy! will be donating to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, matching the winnings of the contestants.
Bialik chose this organization due to her family's past struggles with mental illness. Bialik is the second female to host Jeopardy! since Katie Couric in March, who subbed in after the passing of long-time host Alex Trebek.
While hosting the hit game show, Bialik took a moment to show her support for the NAMI, and shared the news that Jeopardy! will aid in the fundraising efforts for the organization.
Guest host @missmayim is showing her support for the National Alliance on Mental Illness, which will receive a donation from Jeopardy! as part of her appearance on the show. @NAMICommunicatepic.twitter.com/FpgbKYUGXg— Jeopardy! (@Jeopardy!) 1622562420
Bialik also took to social media to discuss her surreal first night hosting the game show in an Instagram video. Bialik admitted to usually never watching herself on camera, but could watch herself on Jeopardy because she didn't have much camera time. She laughs about her son's teasing her about her "Jeopardy voice."
Bialik, who has a PhD in neuroscience, said during the show that she appreciates Jeopardy because it tests "all aspects of intellect and allows the brightest minds to shine."
Jeopardy! airs weeknights.
- Zedd Announces New Residency at Resorts World Las Vegas ... ›
- Inside The Pages Of Meghan Markle's New Children's Book ... ›
- Drew Barrymore Presented a Category on 'Jeopardy!' - Advocate Channel ›
- Mayim Bialik To Host 'Celebrity Show-Off' On TBS - Advocate Channel ›
- jeopardy - Advocate Channel ›
- Mayim Bialik Shares The Highs and Lows Of Hosting 'Jeopardy!' - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Jeopardy' Locks In New Hosts for Season 38 - Advocate Channel ›