Anya Taylor-Joy is back with another dark, psychological thriller. This time, it's also supposed to make you laugh.
The Menu is meant to satirize "foodie" culture in modern times. It is produced by Searchlight Pictures, responsible for titles such as Black Swan, Jojo Rabbit and The Favourite, amongst many more Oscar winning and beloved films. It is directed by Mark Myloyd, who is know for his work in the comedy-drama series Succession.
Taylor-Joy made her film debut in the 2015 horror movie The Witch, which landed her critical acclaim. Ralph Fiennes is best known for his role as Voldemort in the Harry Potter series, but has also appeared in Schindler's List, Skyfall, and Wes Anderson'sThe Grand Budapest Hotel.
In The Menu, The Queens Gambit star plays a young woman who visits an exclusive restaurant with an extensive menu on a remote island, while Fiennes plays an eccentric chef. Many shocking and exciting twists ensue in this bizarre universe. Originally announced in 2019, Emma Stone was originally cast in Taylor-Joy's part, with Alexander Payne as the original director, however conflicting schedules meant to two had to forfeit their roles. From the ashes emerges a new tantalizing cast!
- Netflix Releases "2020 Year In Review" Video - Advocate Channel ›
- 'The Queen's Gambit' Breaks Netflix Records - Advocate Channel ›
- natalie-portman - Advocate Channel ›
- Ted Lange & David Chokachi Team Up With Snoop Dogg For New Horror Film - Advocate Channel ›
- Exclusive: Anya Taylor-Joy Unpacks Elitism in The Menu - Advocate Channel ›