Rayshard Brooks, a 27-year-old male, was shot by police at a Wendy's drive-thru in Atlanta, GA. His autopsy showed that he suffered two gunshot wounds, which caused organ injuries and blood loss.
After news broke out about Brooks' death, Tyler Perry quickly acted to help his family. Perry reached out to the family and offered to pay for the funeral, as well as his children's college educations. Brooks has four children, Dream, 1, Memory, 2, Blessing, 8, and Mekai, 13. A source close to Perry said he felt that he could not sit back and do nothing, sharing:
"He wanted to do something to help. His heart goes out to the family during this tragic time."
Brooks' death comes in the wake of the Black Lives Matter movement happening all around the United States. The officer who shot Brooks, Garrett Rolfe, has been fired.
- Hollywood Speaks Out For George Floyd - Advocate Channel ›
- What To Watch: The Hottest Show Premieres This Week! ›
- One-On-One: Stevie Baggs Jr. Chats 'Ruthless' & Working With Tyler Perry In "Camp Quarantine" - Advocate Channel ›
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Develops Early Detection Test - Advocate Channel ›
- A Special Night Dedicated To TV Legends - Advocate Channel ›