After one year of dating, the couple is setting out to tie the knot!
Venture capitalist Carter Reum, 40, proposed to Paris Hilton, 40, this previous Saturday, Feb. 13 on a private island.
Pairs confirmed the story with Vogue:
"I am excited about this next chapter and having such a supportive partner. Our relationship is one of equals. We make each other better people. He was absolutely worth the wait!"
The couple was celebrating the socialite's 40th birthday this past weekend on a private island when Reum popped the question with an emerald-cut ring designed by Jean Dousset. Paris is pictured wearing a white Retrofete dress while Reum sported an all-white suit.
The star announced the engagement on Instagram this morning as well, writing, "There's no one I'd rather spend forever with."
After the engagement, the couple celebrated with close family members including Hilton's sister and Reum's brother.
A source also told PEOPLE:
"Paris is so excited, and her friends and family are just thrilled for her. Carter is a great guy and after everything she's been through, the stable kind of love he brings to her life is what she deserves. She's sure he's the one."
We are sending all of our love and congratulations to the couple!
For our feature on Paris Hilton's rise to fame, click here.
- Paris Hilton Opens Up To Us About Past Trauma And Her New ... ›
- "Heartbeat:" Paris Hilton's Brand New Music Video - Advocate Channel ›
- A Timeline Of Paris Hilton's Fame: From Socialite To Business ... ›
- A Timeline Of Paris Hilton's Fame: From Socialite To Business Mogul - Advocate Channel ›
- Paris Hilton Opens Up To Us About Past Trauma And Her New Documentary 'This Is Paris' - Advocate Channel ›