Canadian actress Maitreyi Ramakrishnan reprises her role as the relatable Devi Vishwakumar, a nerdy Indian-American teenager who is facing a new romantic dilemma while navigating growing up in a multi-cultural household.
Season one follows Devi's story as she tries to survive the epic blows of high school after the death of her father. Determined to improve her social status, Devi launches into a series of hilarious adventures with her family, best friends, crush, and arch-nemesis.
The plot is loosely based on the real life of comedic genius and The Office alumni Mindy Kaling. While writing the show, Kaling emphasizes the importance of diverse representation and inclusivity, which can be seen in the dynamic of these lovable characters.
Season two continues with Devi's coming-of-age struggles, referencing pop culture icons while facing the arrival of a new girl in her class, connecting with her family amid drama, and learning to move on without her father.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly about season two, showrunner Lang Fisher said:
"This season, it's about moving on. It's about life without him [their father] and how to bounce back."
Never Have I Ever is set to premiere July 15th on Netflix.
- J-Lo to Star in Netflix Sci-Fi Thriller 'Atlas' - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Atypical' Final Season to Premiere on Netflix Next Month - Advocate ... ›
- Netflix's Newest Animated Film 'Wish Dragon' Is Now Available ... ›
- Tyler Perry Brings Back Character Madea for Netflix Movie ... ›
- Where To Watch - Advocate Channel ›
- Advocate Channel ›
- Mindy Kaling To Bring LA Lakers Inspired Comedy To Netflix - Advocate Channel ›
- WATCH: Former NBA Star Baron Davis Is Now A Filmmaker and Working with David Arquette - Advocate Channel ›
- Daym Drops Talks New Hosting Gig On Netflix Series 'Fresh, Fried & Crispy' - Advocate Channel ›
- What to Watch Today, June 29th - Advocate Channel ›
- Lee Rodriguez & Jaren Lewison Tease Devi's Love Triangle In 'Never Have I Ever' - Advocate Channel ›