Lizzo shared her thoughts on Liam Payne's claims of being the "honorary member" of One Direction.
In a post shared to her TikTok, titled "TikTok Observations", Lizzo discussed a series of trending topics and shared her thoughts on each one. The "Good as Hell" singer spoke on her inability to catch up on "Stranger Things," the "Mona Lisa" painting being defaced and "Top Gun: Maverick" star Miles Teller.
But the one thing that got people's attention was her subtle shade against former One Direction member Liam Payne. Payne sat down with Logan Paul on his podcast "IMPAULSIVE" on May 31 and spilled a lot of inside secrets about the band. The singer claimed that the reason the band was formed was because of him.
"From what I've heard part of the reason One Direction was made was because of Simon's promise to me. That in two years, I'll make this work for you. So, he kind of started with my face and worked out around the rest," he told told Paul.
Although Lizzo never said Payne's name, many were quick to theorize that the statement was about him. In reaction to all the drama, Lizzo said:
"I don't know who lied to that poor boy, but he was not the frontman."
After receiving backlash online for comments made about Zayn Malik, the 28-year-old singer has since apologized to his former bandmate. In a series of tweets, he apologized and even referred to Zayn as "family."
"Guys - I wouldn’t normally comment on this stuff but when its your family it’s hard to let it slide. They mentioned a specific incident involving Zayn which I responded to - but listening back maybe I didn’t articulate myself as well as I could have."
Payne concluded by saying:
"I was saying that there will always be things we disagree on but that I will always, always be on his side. That’s family. Zayn is my brother and I will stand by him forever."
- Taurus - Advocate Channel ›
- The Best Performances From iHeartRadio's Jingle Ball - Advocate ... ›
- Celeb Reactions Are In For Beyoncé's 'Black Is King' Visual Album ... ›
- Snl - Advocate Channel ›
- Kim Kardashian Uses Former Victoria's Secret Angels to Show Off ... ›
- Lizzo Confirms She Has a Boyfriend! Who Is He!? - Advocate Channel ›
- ELLE Magazine Celebrates Influential Women in Music for 2019 ... ›
- Lizzo Shows Off Her Beaty In Unfiltered Instagram Post - Advocate ... ›
- Happy Birthday Lizzo! Let's Take a Look at Her Most Iconic Moments ... ›
- Lizzo's Best Moments as SNL Host - Advocate Channel ›
- Paramount Sued Over Top Gun Copyright Claim - Advocate Channel ›
- Beyoncé Teases New Album Dropping This Summer - Advocate Channel ›
- Lizzo Pledges $1 Million to Planned Parenthood - Advocate Channel ›