Audio streaming giant Spotify continues to make major podcast deals with celebrities and famous podcasters-alike. In their newest business venture, Spotify has made an exclusive deal with Kim Kardashian West to co-produce and co-host a criminal-justice reform podcast alongside Emmy-nominated TV producer Lori Rothschild Ansaldi.
Kardashian West and Ansaldi's new podcast will be produced through Spotify's Parcast studio. This news comes a month after Spotify made a $100 million deal with Joe Rogan to distribute his podcast "The Joe Rogan Experience" exclusively on their platform beginning September 1st. Other deals made in the midst of expanding their podcast content include Spotify's acquisition of Gimlet Media, The Ringer, Parcast, Anchor, and a multi-year deal with Barack and Michelle Obama to exclusively produce several podcasts for the streaming service.
The podcast will reportedly revolve around a case Ansaldi has been investigating about Kevin Keith, who was convicted of three murders in 1994 and given the death sentence in Ohio. In 2010, Keith's death sentence was revoked by the state governor of Ohio after new evidence was found, which raised suspicions on whether he was truly guilty of the crime.
Over the last few years, Kardashian West began to show a growing interest in the area of criminal justice and law reform. She is currently studying to become a lawyer like her late father, Robert Kardashian. She has been working with the Innocence Project, an organization that aims to exonerate wrongly convicted people through testing DNA samples.
While there is no official release date for the podcast, you can catch Kardashian West in her new feature-length documentary "Kim Kardashian West: The Justice Project,"available now on Oxygen.
- Cole Sprouse's Podcast "Borrasca" Is Worth Listening To Right Now ... ›
- Michelle Obama Joins 13th Annual Roots Picnic To Benefit When ... ›
- Why Michelle Obama's New Podcast On Spotify Is A Must Listen - Advocate Channel ›
- Celebrities React To The Passing Of Regis Philbin - Advocate Channel ›
- Our Top 10 Kim Kardashian Moments - Advocate Channel ›
- Oregon Governor Commutes Death Penalty Sentences - Advocate Channel ›
- Why 2022 Is the Year of the Botched Execution - Advocate Channel ›