The Banks family is back together again! It's been 30 years since The Fresh Prince of Belair first premiered, and we're finally getting the reunion special we've all been waiting for. HBO Max has dropped the first trailer.
Will Smith first posted a photo of the Banks family reunited, on Instagram, back in August.
The trailer teases lots of emotional nostalgia, and we are ready for it. Will Smith is joined by the rest of the cast-- Tatyana Ali, Alfonso Ribeiro, Karyn Parsons, Daphne Maxwell Reid, Joseph Marcell and DJ Jazzy Jeff-- to tell us how he 'became the prince of a town called Belair.'
But someone else will also be joining... Janet Hubert, who initially played "Aunt Viv," before being replaced by Maxwell Reid in season 4. The news comes as a big surprise to many, even the cast, as Hubert once told TMZ,
"There will never be a reunion ... as I will never do anything with an a------ like Will Smith."
It looks like Smith and Rupert might have buried the hatchet. Smith says in the trailer:
"I couldn't celebrate 30 years of 'Fresh Prince 'without Janet."
The reunion will focus on the cast's favorite memories, undeniable chemistry, as well as a reflection of their time with the late James Avery, who played Uncle Phil.
In the trailer, Smith says:
"James Avery was this six-foot-four Shakesperean beast, and I wanted him to think I was good."
You can catch the full reunion special November 19th on HBO Max.
- 'RHONY' Cast Sits Down Together For An In-Person Reunion ... ›
- 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' Mansion Hits Airbnb - Advocate Channel ›
- The Cast of 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' to Reunite on HBO Max ... ›
- 'Tom and Jerry' Is Heading To The Big Screen - Advocate Channel ›
- 'I Am Legend' Sequel to be Produced by Will Smith & Michael B. Jordan - Advocate Channel ›
- 'RHONY' Cast Sits Down Together For An In-Person Reunion - Advocate Channel ›