The release of Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery gave audiences another look into detective Benoit Blanc's world — and at his love life.
The Netflix film made waves when it revealed the iconic sleuth is in a relationship with another man, though actor Daniel Craig and director Rian Johnson didn't see their choice as revolutionary.
"It was a very simple decision," Craig tells Tracy E Gilchrist of Advocate Today. "It seemed right."
Rian Johnson and Daniel Craig Talk 'Glass Onion' | Advocate Today
While the film has been praised for its progressive messaging, the actor continued to say that wasn't the intention of the Knives Out sequel.
"There are many social issues. There are many things to dig out and think about, but it's not the reason we made the movie," Craig explained. "We made the movie so that people could have a huge amount of fun."
For more interviews like these, watch Advocate Today on The Advocate Channel.
- Sofía Vergara's Most Iconic Red Carpet Looks ›
- Janelle Monáe Looks Extra Mysterious in The Glass Onion Trailer ›
- Golden Globes 2023: Full List of Nominees ›
- Knives Out Director Says Daniel Craig's Character Is 'Obviously Gay' ›
- Exclusive: Petey Gibson on Queer Role in New Fox Procedural Alert - Advocate Channel ›
- Susie Moore on How to Fight Social Media Addiction - Advocate Channel ›
- Meg Myers on Spirituality in Music and Daily Life - Advocate Channel ›
- TikTok Star V Spehar on Making Current Events More Digestible - Advocate Channel ›
- Ayesha Harris on Daisy Jones and the Six & Working With Powerful Women | AdvocateChannel.com ›
- Edge of Seventeen Writer Todd Stephens on the Making of Swan Song & More | AdvocateChannel.com ›