Trump made numerous claims under oath, all returning to his belief that the trial is politically motivated. At one point, the former president said he was worth "billions more" than Attorney General Letitia James, who he claimed is a "hater" trying to "demean" and "hurt" him, according to NBC.
“I think she is a political hack,” Trump stated.
Trump Civil Trial
Trump also sparred with Judge Arthur Engoron, who began by telling him to "please move it along and answer the questions" as he rambled. The Judge repeated phrases like "the question was" and "let me ask again" numerous times, before he ordered attorneys Chris Kise and Alina Habba to "control" their client.
"That was a simple yes-no answer. I beseech you to control him," Engoron said, later adding, "We are not here to hear what he has to say. We are here to have him answer questions."
"It's not that simple," Habba replied.
Which prompted Trump to moan: "This is a very unfair trial. I hope the public is watching."
The court adjourned immediately after, taking a brief recess in the middle of Trump's testimony. When he returned, he began answering questions more directly, but did not spare Engoron from his ramblings about his Manhattan properties.
Trump is accused in part of overvaluing his New York real estate by exaggerating their sizes, including overestimating total square feet, and lying about the number of floors on a building. At one point, the former president lost his composure and raised his voice at Engoron, calling him a "fraud" whose comments about Trump properties are "a terrible thing."
Once Trump finished ranting, Engoron simply asked: "Done?"
To which the former president said: "Done."
- Can Donald Trump's Star Be Removed From the Hollywood Walk-of-Fame? ›
- 17,000 Australians Sign Petition to Prevent Donald Trump Jr. From Visiting ›
- How Donald Trump Can Be Disqualified From Running For President ›
- Donald Trump Isn't the First President to Face Arrest ›
- Thursday's Top Stories: Palestinians Flee, Ivanka Trump, GOP ›
- Donald Trump Raises Red Flags by Calling Opponents ‘Vermin’ ›
- Who Is Javier Milei, Argentina's New Conservative President? ›
- 'Students For Trump' Founder Arrested For Assaulting a Woman ›
- Sebastian Stan to Star as Donald Trump in New Film ‘The Apprentice’ ›