Disneyland's new section of their theme parks is coming to the public soon, with a campus based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe set to open on June 4th at Disney's California Adventure.
Disney's California Adventure, the sister theme park to nearby Disneyland in Anaheim, will launch the project about a month and a half into the reopening of the parks on April 30th, which have been closed for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What to Expect
The Marvel Campus will feature an array of rides, food, and experiences all based on the massive comic book and movie franchise.
The main attraction is a 3D ride called "WEB SLINGERS: A Spiderman Adventure" which will allow participants to get a taste of what it's like to be a friendly neighborhood Spider Man. You'll be able to sling webs just like Peter Parker!
There will also be a Doctor Strange sanctum and an Avengers HQ for guests to explore, in addition to an Antman themed restaurant with strange serving sizes.
What This Means for Disney
The company is trying to bounce back after its hardest year ever, having to close since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Much like 2019's Star Wars installation, Disney is capitalizing off one of its most successful franchises, hoping to attract more customers as people adapt back to normal life in the months to come.
With other services within the company like Disney+ seeing tremendous success through utilizing assets like Star Wars and Marvel, it's easy to see how the resort side can easily follow suit.
For more trending stories, click here.
- bunkd - Advocate Channel ›
- HBO Max - Advocate Channel ›
- Advocate Channel ›
- Disney+ - Advocate Channel ›
- Ghost Adventures - Discovery+ - Advocate Channel ›
- Disney Release Summer 2021 Movie Schedule - Advocate Channel ›
- Stars Who Got Their Big Break On Disney - Advocate Channel ›
- Top 10 Superheroes We Need to See in the Next MCU Installment - Advocate Channel ›
- Marvel Hosts Worldwide Premiere Event for 'Black Widow' - Advocate Channel ›