Sony Studios has just announced the release date of their latest action-thriller film, Bullet Train, which is planned to hit theaters next year. Brad Pitt is set to star in the adaptation, which centers on a group of hitmen and assassins on board a fast-moving train.
Bullet Train is based on the popular Japanese book Maria Beetle by author Kotaro Isaka.
Written for the screen by Zak Olkewicz, the film will take place on a high-speed train in Tokyo, where Brad Pitt will be leading an all-star cast featuring Sandra Bullock, Joey King, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Andrew Koji, Brian Tyree Henry, Michael Shannon,, Hiroyuki Sanada and Benito A. Martínez Ocasio.
Director David Leitch posted some shots from set on Instagram:
The plot of the film is said to give off a similar suspenseful tone to Sandra Bullock's iconic 1994 movie Speed combined with Liam Neeson's 2014 film Non-Stop, which takes place on a plane.
Sony and Brad Pitt are a match made in heaven, with Pitt starring in their blockbuster films Moneyball and Fury. Pitt also portrayed Cliff Booth in Sony's 2019 film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which brought him his first Academy Award.
Bullet Train has a theatrical release date of April 8, 2022.
It will compete against other highly-anticipated films during its release weekend, including an event film from Universal and a live-action from Disney.
- Advocate Channel ›
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie - Advocate Channel ›
- Chrissy Teigen Apologizes for Online Bullying - Advocate Channel ›
- Joey King and Chase Stokes to Star in New Netflix Movie - Advocate Channel ›
- JLo and Ben Affleck make it a date night at the Super Bowl 2022 - Advocate Channel ›
- Jessica Batten From Season 1 of 'Love is Blind' Shares her Standing with Amber Pike and Matt Barnett - Advocate Channel ›
- J LO Didn't Want to Share the Stage With Shakira for the Super Bowl Halftime Show - Advocate Channel ›
- The beloved Amber Brown books now a streaming series - Advocate Channel ›
- Celebrity Update: Angelina & Brad's Dispute & Wedding News - Advocate Channel ›