Last night's MTV Video Music Awards proved to be the first successful awards show to take place virtually. The evening was also the first ever VMAs to be hosted by a black woman, Keke Palmer, and the progression was abundant.Not only was this the most tech savvy night in VMA history, but the fashion from the event took clear inspiration from what artists are hoping is the future. Here are just some of the BEST DRESSED:
Lady Gaga had numerous opportunities for an outfit change and she took full advantage of ALL EIGHT of them. The singer did a nine-minute performance set during the broadcast and ultimately took home five awards.
Rapper Machine Gun Kelly also performed and won Best Alternative.
Much like the disco ball Miley Cyrus mounted during her performance, this dress was reflecting light all night long.
Jaden Smith has been all about bright colors on his Instagram and didn't forget to bring them as he attended as a presenter.
Chloe X Halle
Often referred to as "the future of music" Chloe X Halle drew inspiration and glowed during their performance.
Doja Cat gave a highly anticipated performance and was honored as the Push Best New Artist. The award allows nominations only for an artist's debut record.
Click through to see these celebs and more in their past VMA looks:
- The Weeknd, Roddy Ricch, Maluma, And CNCO Join VMA Performers ›
- 2020 Billboard Music Awards Set New October Date - Advocate Channel ›
- MTV Is Exploring Options For The 2020 VMA s - Advocate Channel ›
- Oscars 2019: The Red Carpet's 8 Best Dressed! - Advocate Channel ›
- The Best Dressed Celebrities At The Emmys - Advocate Channel ›
- Hear from music's biggest stars on the red carpet - Advocate Channel ›