NFL star Aaron Rodgers got sentimental in an Instagram post Monday, showing his appreciation for his friends and loved ones.
The Green Bay Packers quarterback began the post with a quote that read:
"Gratitude is the wine of the soul. Go on. Get drunk."
Rodgers then shared a series of photos of those closest to him, starting with a snap of himself cuddled up to Shailene Woodley, before they called off their engagement.
"Here's some... #MondayNightGratitude for some of the incredibly special people in my life, with some pictures from the beautiful last year," Rodgers wrote. "@shailenewoodley, thanks for letting me chase after you the first couple months after we met, and finally letting me catch up to you and be a part of your life."
Last week, sources confirmed that Rodgers and Woodley had split, just over a year after their engagement announcement.
"It was an amicable split; it just wasn't working," the source, who is close to Rodgers, said. "They're very different people with busy careers, and there were obstacles that they couldn't surmount. They will remain friendly; there's no bad blood and no drama. It just didn't work out for them."
Woodley and Rodgers began dating in 2020 during the pandemic. In his acceptance speech, the athlete announced their surprise engagement when he was named the league's MVP during the NFL Honors broadcast on Feb. 6, 2021.
Later that February, Woodley confirmed their engagement, telling late-night host Jimmy Fallon:
"Yes, we are engaged. But for us, it's not new news, you know, so it's kind of funny. Everyone right now is freaking out over it, and we're like, 'Yeah, we've been engaged for a while."
- Kourtney Kardashian And TikTok Star Addison Rae Easterling Team ... ›
- The Skai's The Limit For Alan Bersten On 'Dancing With The Stars' ›
- Ashley Williams & Kimberly Williams-Paisley Double Down On The ... ›
- Nev Schulman & Kamie Crawford Return For One Of The Most ... ›
- 10 Celebrities Who Are Active Environmentalists - Advocate Channel ›
- Conan O'Brien Announces Plans for a New Show - Advocate Channel ›
- Shailene Woodley & Aaron Rodgers Split & End Engagement ... ›
- Aaron Rodgers & Shailene Woodley Grab Breakfast Post-Breakup - Advocate Channel ›
- Shawn Mendes Opens Up About Life After Camila Cabello Split - Advocate Channel ›
- Shailene Woodley and Aaron Rodgers Are Trying to Make Things Work Again - Advocate Channel ›
- The Skai's The Limit For Alan Bersten On 'Dancing With The Stars' - Advocate Channel ›