Michael Mealor's time on The Young and the Restless isn't over just yet.
After taking some time off last year, the star will be returning as Kyle Abbott for a special storyline as his mother comes back from the dead.
"If there's anything for me to come back for, this is it. This gives me chills. This gets me excited. I want come back and play this story line. This is the true soap opera of a story line. It has everything you want. It has the happy moments, and the heartfelt moments. It has the heart pounding moments and the tears," Mealor said.
However, Michael's return isn't the only exciting news happening on the Y&R set.
After 40 years on the show, daytime veteran Kate Linder has no plans to leave.
The star made her first appearance on the show in 1982 as housekeeper Esther Valentine and continues to radiate beauty as she marks the special milestone.
"I can't believe it. I hear myself say it and it's just so unbelievable to me. Especially because I was just hired for one day, that's all it was supposed to be. What if I had said no?"
The actress who has had quite the distinguished career, not only has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but is now being honored at a special exhibit at The Hollywood Museum as well.
"I'm so grateful you have no idea. I'm so grateful. I'm so proud of our show and I'm so proud to be part of it," Linder said.
The exhibit will feature her first-ever script from the show and art taken of her in the uniform through the decade. Check it out now at The Hollywood Museum.
- Leigh-Ann Rose Joins 'The Young & The Restless' & 'General ... ›
- Richard Burgi Returns To Daytime TV As Ashland Locke On 'Y&R ... ›
- Rebecca Budig Returns to 'General Hospital' and More Soap Stars ... ›
- Soap Opera Digest - Advocate Channel ›
- Sean Kanan Returns To 'The Bold and The Beautiful' - Advocate Channel ›
- Soap Opera News: Cameron Mathison Joins GH, Updates On Y&R ... ›
- Christian Le Blanc Celebrates 30 Years On 'The Young And The ... ›
- Leigh-Ann Rose Joins 'The Young & The Restless' & 'General Hospital' Pays Tribute To John Reilly - Advocate Channel ›