The cast of The Last Kingdom announced the news on social media. The exciting news came to light as season four was released on April 26.
Set in the ninth and tenth-century in England, it follows the action-packed journey of Uhtred of Bebbanburg (Alex Dreymon) a warrior born a Saxon but raised by vikings. Uhtred must train and educate King Edward's first born son Aesthelstan to exist as a warrior as Uhtred works to achieve to have a higher purpose. To reach for success, Uhtred must confront his enemies and feel the agony of his greatest loss.
Based on Bernard Cornwell's best-selling novels The Saxon Stories and made by Carnival Films, season five focuses on Cornwell's ninth and tenth novels. The series is written by Martha Hiller and executive produced by Gareth Neame, Nigel Marchant and Jessica Pope.
Netflix took over the series in 2018 after previously being aired on BBC Two.
- 'Dead to Me' Renewed For Third and Final Season - Advocate Channel ›
- Netflix Commits $100 Million To Support Black Communities ... ›
- Netflix Releases First Look Of Millie Bobby Brown As Enola Holmes ... ›
- Netflix Plans to Cancel Inactive Subscriptions - Advocate Channel ›
- Shawn Hatosy Talks 'Animal Kingdom' Legacy & Transfer Of Power In Season Five - Advocate Channel ›