Like all other late-night hosts, Stephen Colbert adjusted his show's format significantly during the pandemic. For more than 15 months (460 days), Colbert broadcast his show from a smaller studio sans live audience and interviewed guests remotely. However, all of that changed last night as Colbert took to the Ed Sullivan Theater stage for a triumphant return in front of a fully-vaccinated live audience.
Colbert has been counting down the days to his highly anticipated return on his Instagram page with posts like these.
The night's festivities included a musical number dedicated to the Covid-19 vaccine, a guest cameo from Colbert's wife Evie, and an interview with the former host of The Daily ShowJon Stewart.
Jon Batiste's Performance
The Late Show's bandleader Jon Batiste gave the first live performance the show has had since March 2020 by performing his song 'Freedom.'
All in all, Colbert's return did not disappoint.
- Football Legend Jim Brown Tells Us About The "One Night In Miami ... ›
- Jon Stewart on 'The Daily Show', Inclusivity and Quarantine ... ›
- Jonathan Groff Teaches Stephen Colbert His King George Walk ... ›
- Stephen Colbert Reveals His Truest Self With Vanity Fair - Advocate ... ›
- Celebs React To 'In The Heights' - Advocate Channel ›
- The-Late-Show - Advocate Channel ›
- History Has Its Eyes on Hamilton's Fifth Anniversary - Advocate Channel ›
- 'One Night In Miami' Trailer Drops - Advocate Channel ›