It has been announced that Sandra Oh and Awkwafina have been cast to play sisters for a new Netflix comedy film.
Breaking on Friday, the new film will be produced by Gloria Sanchez's Jessica Elbaum. Jen D'Angelo will write the script and produce the film and is currently busy writing for the upcoming sequel Hocus Pocus that is heading to Disney Plus.
In the new film, Sandra Oh will star as an isolated and lonely woman whose life turns haywire when her sister, played by Awkafina, is determined to repair their relationship by achieving a lifelong dream of becoming a contestant on her favorite game show. Awkwafina took to Instagram to share the exciting news!
Sharing The Excitement
In January, Awkwafina won a Golden Globe for her performance in The Farewell. Oh is a two-time Golden Globe winner who previously won for her performance as Dr. Cristina Yang on Grey's Anatomy in 2006 and for her performance as Eve Polastri on Killing Eve in 2019.
Details on who will direct the film hasn't been revealed yet, but we hope it's someone great! As more details are unveiled, this new comedy will definitely be added to our watchlist.
- First Look At George Clooney's 'The Midnight Sky' - Advocate Channel ›
- Hollywood Insider: Netflix's Newest Animated Film 'Over The Moon ... ›
- The Cast Of 'Friendsgiving' Is Serving Up New Details About The Film ›
- What's Leaving Netflix This November - Advocate Channel ›
- Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling Team Up To Star In Russo Brothers ... ›
- The 10 Food Shows On Netflix That Are Worth Binging Right Now ... ›