RHOSLC is New to the Limelight
Bravo's youngest installation of The Real Housewives franchise takes place in Salt Lake City, Utah. While praising riches and status, these women must also balance religion and reputation within a predominantly Mormon town.
Shooting Season 2 During Arrest
An explanation as well as documentation will most likely appear on season two of RHOSLC as the arrest was happening in real time with cameras rolling. Shah along with her assistant Stuart Smith were arrested on March 30 while filming for the series, with sources saying the businesswoman was even glammed up on her way to the courtroom.
Shah's fellow housewives claim they had no idea on the legal issues of Jen's occupation and were taken aback by the arrest.
Details of the Charges
On April 2 both Shah and Smith plead not guilty to multiple charges of a telemarketing fraud scheme. Both were individually charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud in connection with telemarketing and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
According to Manhattan U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss, the pair, "allegedly generated and sold 'lead lists' of innocent individuals for other members of their scheme to repeatedly scam" for nine years.
Shah's Response to the Masses
Less than a week after her arrest, the reality star spoke out via Instagram Story responding to fans' support and #FreeJenShah. The Bravo star thanked her fans saying such quotes as,
"I love you. Thank you to my real ones. #SHAHSQUAD"
"Thank you for believing in me, Always."
While active via Instagram Stories, the woman in questioning as yet to make an official statement on her main feed.
After pleading not guilty, Shah and Smith have one week to comply to the judge's call for a $1 million bond. If convicted, each of them could face up to 50 years in prison.
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Are Taking Time Off ... ›
- 'The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills' Speak Out On Garcelle ... ›
- Real Housewives' Jen Shah Arrested in Telemarketing Scam ... ›
- Jen Shah is "Dead Serious" About Wanting Kim Kardashian as a Lawyer Amid Fraud Case - Advocate Channel ›
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Are Taking Time Off - Advocate Channel ›
- College Admissions Scam Mastermind Sentenced to 3.5 years in Federal Prison - Advocate Channel ›