Jada Pinkett Smith publicly addressed the Oscar-slap between her husband, Will Smith, and comedian Chris Rock. In an emotionally charged Red Table Talk episode, the host discussed her struggle with alopecia, an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss.
“This is a really important 'Red Table Talk' on alopecia. Considering what I’ve been through with my own health and what happened at the Oscars, thousands have reached out to me with their stories. I’m using this moment to give our alopecia family an opportunity to talk about what it’s like to have this condition and to inform people about what alopecia actually is,” Pinkett Smith said at the beginning of the episode.
Pinkett Smith went on to share her "deepest hope" for Smith and Rock.
“...My deepest hope is that these two intelligent, capable men have an opportunity to heal, talk this out and reconcile,” she said. “The state of the world today, we need them both. And we all actually need one another more than ever. Until then, Will and I are continuing to do what we have done for the last 28 years, and that’s keep figuring out this thing called life together."
The episode launched into a discussion about the mental strains alopecia causes on women. Pinkett Smith went on to discuss her own anxieties with the disease in a roundtable discussion with her mother and daughter, which alluded to why Rock’s Joke was so hurtful.
From Your Site Articles
- Salma Hayek - Advocate Channel ›
- Outstanding Daytime Non-Fiction Special - Advocate Channel ›
- Happy Christmas Eve Eve! How Phoebe From 'Friends' Made The ... ›
- The Most Anticipated Movie Sequels Premiering In 2021 & 2022 ... ›
- Hailee Steinfeld - Advocate Channel ›
- Meet Oliver Sprinkles - Advocate Channel ›
- Real Life Celebrities: Erica Ford of Life Camp - Advocate Channel ›
- Willow Smith Releases New Pop-Punk Single "Transparent Soul ... ›
- Celebrity Reactions to Will Smith Slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars ... ›
- Jada Pinkett Smith Returns to 'Red Table Talk' for Season 5 ... ›
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Surprise His Mom With a New Home - Advocate Channel ›
- Best Looks from the 2022 SAG Awards - Advocate Channel ›
- Daytime Emmy Awards 2021: Full List of Winners - Advocate Channel ›
- Jennifer Aniston Welcomes New Member To Her Family - Advocate Channel ›