ABC's longest-running soap opera General Hospital has set a tentative date to resume production in the middle of July after ceasing due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The award winning soap opera joins the likes of The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless in setting a date to resume production post-quarantine. The Bold and the Beautifu l resumed last week while The Young and the Restless plans to resume July 6th. NBC's Days of Our Lives has not released a new production plan yet.
General Hospita l fans have been kept entertained with re-runs airing on ABC after all new content had been aired. All shows that have resumed production have been following strict safety regulations to ensure that all cast and crew members remain healthy.
‘General Hospital’ Eyes Mid-July Production Restart https://t.co/g529zdk3k7 https://t.co/2EM3McqLNE— Deadline Hollywood (@Deadline Hollywood) 1593194766
Deadline took to Twitter to share the exciting update!
Before production resumes, the cast has been sharing sweet sentiments on social media with their fans with hopeful messages about returning to work and creating new content for them! Eden McCoy who plays Josslyn Jacks shared this heartwarming tweet with General Hospital fans on Twitter.
Soap opera fans can look forward to new drama from the Quartermaines and Spencers soon!
- The Daytime Emmys Awards Go Virtual - Advocate Channel ›
- 'The Bold and the Beautiful' Will Resume Taping With Safety ... ›
- The Latest Casting Updates from the Soap Opera World - Advocate ... ›
- "General Hospital" Icon Maurice Benard Tells All In New Book ... ›
- Rebecca Budig Returns to 'General Hospital' and More Soap Stars ... ›
- Sydney Mikayla Talks Playing Trina Robinson & Representation On 'General Hospital' - Advocate Channel ›