Due the coronavirus pandemic, Disney films Noelle and Artemis Fowl made their debut on Disney Plus. Now, The One and Only Ivan will be the next film to hit the streaming platform.
Based on Katherine Applegate's best selling children's novel, The One and Only Ivan is premiering for the first time on Disney Plus. The story follows a 400-pound silverback gorilla named Ivan who lives in a suburban shopping mall with an elephant named Stella and a dog named Bob. Everything changes when an elephant named Ruby ends up in the mall, causing Ivan to think about the importance of where he calls home.
The movie is a mix of live-action and CGI, and is directed by Thea Sharrock. The movie has a noteworthy cast, with Sam Rockwell as Ivan the gorilla, Angelina Jolie as Stella the Elephant, Danny DeVito as Bob the Dog, Helen Mirren as Snickers the Poodle, Chaka Khan as Henrietta the Chicken, Mike White as Frankie the Seal, Brooklynn Prince as Ruby the Elephant, Ron Funches as Murphy the Rabbit, and Phillipa Soo as Thelma the Parrot. Other stars include Ramon Rodriguez, Ariana Greenblatt and Bryan Cranston.
The movie will premiere on August 21st 2020.
- Watch: Our Favorite Lucy Moments From 'I Love Lucy' - Advocate Channel ›
- Howard Ashman Documentary Slated To Premiere On Disney Plus - Advocate Channel ›
- Adam DeVine Shines In The New 'Magic Camp' Trailer - Advocate Channel ›
- Angelina Jolie Arrives in Yemen to Aid Refugees Amid War in Ukraine - Advocate Channel ›
- Angelina Jolie Says That Without an End to the War in Ukraine 'Children Will Pay the Highest Price' - Advocate Channel ›
- Rihanna Explains How A$AP Rocky Got Out of the Friend Zone - Advocate Channel ›