Caitlyn Jenner star announced her plans to run for governor of California on Friday.
Jenner filed the official paperwork just today, April 23, to run for the governmental position. She posted her announcement to social media this morning.
“I'm in! California is worth fighting for."
In her press release, Jenner voices her concerns for the policies of current California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D). Recalling her time as an Olympic athlete, Jenner states:
"I am a proven winner and the only outsider who can put an end to Gavin Newsom's disastrous time as governor."
Election officials are currently still tallying petition signatures to see if they will qualify for a recall election, but many report this is already most likely the case. The effort to recall Newsom began back in February 2020 led by a group called the California Patriot Coalition.
Yahooreports the Olympic gold medalist has assembled a team of prominent Republican operatives, including former Trump White House and campaign hand, Steven Cheung, and top pollster on Trump's 2016 and 2020 election campaigns, Tony Fabrizio.
Jenner had previously outwardly supported Donald Trump until 2018 when he rolled back guidelines that allowed transgender students to use bathrooms of their choice. The transgender activist and author then published an opinion piece on The Washington Post stating:
"My hope in him — in them — was misplaced, and I cannot support anyone who is working against our community. I do not support Trump. I must learn from my mistakes and move forward."
The campaign website and donation page also just went live today at caitlynjenner.com/.
"Sacramento needs an honest leader with a clear vision."
- Soap Opera Digest: Maurice Benard Launches a Web Series, and ... ›
- Eileen Davidson, Caitlyn Jenner star in 'Duke of the Valley ... ›
- Andy Cohen Provides Details About The KUWTK Reunion ... ›
- Soap Opera Digest: Maurice Benard Launches a Web Series, and Melody Spills on Y&R - Advocate Channel ›
- Soap Opera News: 'Bold and Beautiful' Has New Mannequin Love Story - Advocate Channel ›
- Tens of Thousands Without Power After 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Northern California - Advocate Channel ›