Britney Spears is not holding back! After it was reported that her brother, Bryan, was invited to her wedding, the pop star decided to set the record straight.
Britney and Sam Asghari said their "I dos" on June 9 after five years of dating. The singer shared several pictures from the beautiful occasion that took place at her Thousand Oaks home. Many celebrities were present including Selena Gomez, Drew Barrymore, Madonna, and Paris Hilton. Who wasn't in attendance? Britney's entire family.
In November 2021, Britney was released from a 13-year-long conservatorship. Her father, Jamie Spears, served as conservator for the entire duration of the court ordered arrangement. Since then, the "Circus" singer has been vocal about her family members and life under a conservatorship. This time, she's clearing up rumors that her brother Bryan was invited to her wedding.
Britney slammed comments made by Bryan on an episode of the "As NOT Seen on TV" podcast in 2020, writing:
"Your podcast interview was so SPECIAL!!! I know you and the family had no bad intentions at all whatsoever taking all those years away when I wanted to honestly just be a respected individual with a glass of red wine."
"But like you said in your interview... when asked by that incredibly kind man 'Why doesn't your family just let her be?' Your response was, 'She can't even make a dinner reservation.'"
In a second post made the following day, which is also now deleted, Britney wrote:
What you said right there to that man in that interview said everything, Bryan !!! You were never invited to my wedding, so why even respond ???"
According to ET, prior to Britney's posts, Bryan's girlfriend, Amber Lynn Conklin, said the reason for his absence was due to his daughter's graduation falling on the same day.
In an Instagram comment, Amber wrote:
"Ironically Lexie had her 5th grade graduation & we couldn’t help the timings. Bryan felt terrible having to choose but he had to be there for his daughter and sent his love to Britney x1000000."
- Britney Spears Wedding - Advocate Channel ›
- Britney Spears' Iconic Live Performances Throughout The Years ... ›
- Britney Spears May Say 'I Do' Today - Advocate Channel ›
- How Britney Spears' Mom Reacted to Her Wedding After Not Being ... ›
- Inside Britney Spears and Sam Asghari's Romantic Wedding ... ›
- Britney Spears Teases Return to Music With Bold New Look ... ›
- Britney Spears Is Working on New Music for the First Time in Six ... ›
- Britney Spears' 'Crossroads' Film Turns 20! - Advocate Channel ›
- Britney Spears Celebrates First Birthday As A Free Woman ... ›
- Paris Hilton Passed on President Biden for Britney Spears' Wedding - Advocate Channel ›
- Britney Spears Gives Glimpse into Gorgeous Honeymoon - Advocate Channel ›