He's also shading one of the previous coaches.
Blake has no tears left to cry.
The country singer is the only remaining OG coach on NBC's The Voice, so the star isn't backing down.
With the upcoming 21st season about to premiere, Blake opened up on the show's humble beginnings and rise to ratings success.
"Between Adam [Levine] and I not really taking it that serious the first season, because we didn't know what we were getting into, it was just this thing that happened. With each new personality you bring into the mix, it turns into a different thing every time you do it," Shelton said.
With Ariana Grande now taking her place as a coach for the first time, Blake is feeling confident as he faces a new competitor.
"I'm excited about Ariana joining the show, because it's somebody new for me to beat. After 20 seasons, when they make a major change like that, for me, I'm on the edge of my seat excited for a new take on the way we operate. In 20 seasons of doing this show, the easiest defeat of my career was Nick Jonas. I'm looking for a challenge. I think Ariana... she could be a challenge. I'm looking forward to beating her though."
The new season of The Voice premieres September 20th on NBC.
From Your Site Articles
- Adam Levine On Collaborating With Megan Thee Stallion - Advocate ... ›
- 'The Voice' Coaches Announce Their Insanely Talented Battle ... ›
- Blake Shelton Shares New Details About Wedding to Gwen Stefani ... ›
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Give Surprise Performance at ... ›
- Blake Shelton Shares New Details About Wedding to Gwen Stefani and Newest 'Voice' Coach Ariana Grande - Advocate Channel ›