Tyler James Williams is known for his role on the hit sitcom Everybody Hates Chris, but now, the 29-year-old actor is starring on another sitcom - Abbott Elementary.
According to IMDb, the show is about:
"Follows a group of teachers brought together in one of the worst public schools in the country, simply because they love teaching."
Williams' good friend Quinta Brunson pitched him the show, and he just couldn't say no. The cast includes Williams, Brunson, Janelle James, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Lisa Ann Walter, and Chris Perfetti.
Brunson told POPSUGAR that Williams was the first person to be cast for the show, partly due to their already-established friendship.
Williams said to POPSUGAR:
"I love working with friends. Very rarely does that work out, where you work with your friends and it's actually good. So when she brought the idea up to me, I was already pretty much in."
POPSUGAR also said:
The actor says a number of teachers have reached out and told him how much his character resonates with them. To Williams, that's one of the best parts about his role: "[Yes], the ratings are great, the numbers are great, and all of the success is great, but if they can feel seen, then I'm really doing my job."
The show was first released in early December 2021, and it is available to stream on Hulu.
Abbott Elementary - Official Teaser Trailer - ABCyoutu.be
From Your Site Articles
- #SeeHER Spotlight - Advocate Channel ›
- Kelsey Grammer Opens Up On Historical New Role - Advocate Channel ›
- Abbott Elementary - ABC ›
- What To Watch Today, December 7th - Advocate Channel ›
- Courteney Cox Doesn't Remember Being on 'Friends' - Advocate Channel ›
- Hundreds of Elementary Students Are Arrested in Schools Every Year - Advocate Channel ›