With an exciting week ahead, Soap Opera Digest Editorial Director Stephanie Sloane fills us in on what to expect from this week's General Hospital---and it's a big one!
"The show has decided to kill off one of its most popular characters ever--Luke Spencer, played by Anthony Geary."
Geary, now 78, has officially retired. To mark the occasion, fan favorites such as Robert, Laura, Tracey, Anna, and Felicia will all pay tribute to Luke. The episode, airing January 21, will also feature a few "surprise, special guests".
Executive producer, Frank Valentini, says about the episode,
"You won't want to miss this special episode, because as everyone is saying goodbye to Luke, an exciting new mystery will kick off."
Also in soap news this week is Betty White, as fans celebrate what would have been her one hundredth birthday yesterday. As Sloane tells us, White actually guest-starred on one of our favorite soaps. She appeared on Bold and Beautiful as Ann, the mother of Stephanie and Pam, as a recurring character from 2006 to 2009.
John McCook (Eric) recalls how "smart, funny, and lovely" White was, "impressing [them] all with her work ethic." Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke) shares,
"Betty always came in with a big smile, had a positive attitude, and you could just tell how much she loved life."
For more on your favorite soaps, head to soapoperadigest.com or pick up the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest.
- Melissa Reeves Returns To 'Days Of Our Lives' & Kristina Wagner ... ›
- Soap News: 'Y&R' Christian LeBlanc Celebrates 30 Years and Soap ... ›
- Soap Opera Digest: Maurice Benard Launches a Web Series, and ... ›
- Soap Opera Digest: Eric Braeden's Revealing Interview & The First ... ›
- Pamela Anderson Set to Make Her Broadway Debut in 'Chicago' - Celebrity Page ›
- 'The Bold and the Beautiful' Celebrates 35 Years With Special Episode - Celebrity Page ›