The official Instagram accounts for Warner Bros. Pictures and Barbie shared a photo of the Canadian actor in character as the famous "Ken" doll... and fans are going crazy!
Gosling's bleached blonde hair, washboard abs, and orange spray tan make it hard to differentiate him from Barbie’s counterpart, Ken. The transformation is the second teaser released for Greta Gerwig's eccentric rom-com, "Barbie."
The hot pink background of the post matches the first picture released, of Margot Robbie, who will star as Barbie. This was featured on Warner Bros. Pictures' and Barbie's Instagrams in April.
The iconic duo will be joined by an A-list cast, which includes Emma Mackey, Will Ferrell, and Simu Liu. The plot, co-written by Gerwig and Noah Baumbach, has not yet been revealed, but it did have one of Liu’s agents excited.
Liu said in an interview with GQ, “verbatim,” that his agent told him,
“‘If I could stake my career on any one script, it’s the 'Barbie' script. I really think you should do it.’”
After filming, Liu was then added that it's “incredibly unique. I wish I could just show you what we do day to day because it’s crazy.”
To see Gosling and Robbie take on "life in plastic," you can watch "Barbie" in theaters July 21, 2023.
- First Look at Ryan Gosling as Ken in 'Barbie' | HYPEBEAST ›
- 'Barbie' Movie: First Look at Ryan Gosling as a Real-Life Ken Doll ... ›
- Barbie Movie Image Reveals First Look at Ryan Gosling as Ken ›
- 'Barbie': Ryan Gosling's Ken revealed in new photo - CNN ›
- Barbie Movie Image Reveals First Look At Ryan Gosling As Shirtless ... ›