Total Bellas star Nikki Bella gave reporters an update on her fiancé, Artem Chigvintsev, Saturday evening after it was revealed he was suffering from pneumonia.
The professional dancer, who has appeared on nine seasons of Dancing with the Stars, took a leave of absence from the DWTS live tour on Jan. 20, citing health issues. Chigvintsev later revealed he had pneumonia.
Nikki Bella, who was accompanied by her twin sister Brie, opened up to PEOPLE about the situation at a Super Bowl Party in Culver City California on Saturday night. She told the reporters that Chigvintsev "still has pneumonia" and doctors would be giving the couple an update on "Monday or Tuesday."
"He'll get his lungs rescanned and we'll find out if they're better, if the swelling goes down. Fingers crossed that the swelling goes down and we get good news," Nikki shared.
Artem, who won season 29 of Dancing with the Stars, with his partner former Bachelorette star Kaitlyn Bristowe, released an Instagram statement to fans on Jan. 20 explaining his departure.
Earlier this month Chigvintsev followed up with his fans about his health.
"Hi everyone, just wanted to give you a little update on my wellbeing," Chigvintsev wrote on his Instagram Story at the time. "So, I had another X-ray done yesterday, and it came back still positive for pneumonia, so I just got another set of antibiotics. This is, of course, number two."
"Hopefully, this one will do the magic, will do the trick, to kick out the pneumonia out of my lungs. So that's where I'm at. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy."
Nikki, who shares 18-month-old son Matteo with Chigvintsev, also opened up to PEOPLE about the couple's future wedding plans, naming Paris as a likely destination.
"We feel like it's the easiest to get his parents there," said Bella. "We're figuring out dates, so we'll see, but we're thinking that Paris would be the perfect place."
Nikki admitted that although they still haven't set a date, she would love to have the wedding within the next few months.
"There's just a lot of complications right now," the former WWE wrestler explained.
Whenever the wedding takes place, one thing is sure, it will certainly be no small celebration.
"Nikki always goes big," said twin sister Brie. "I always go big. The people attending might be small but it will still be big," responded her sister.
- Nikki Bella Finally Gets an Answer About Baby Matteo's Heart Health ›
- DWTS: Brie Bella Confirms That Her Sister Nikki Bella's Fiancé ... ›
- Total Bellas: Brie Gives Updates On Artem's Health Amid Tour Exit ›
- Brie Bella Gives Artem Chigvintsev Health Update Amid 'DWTS' Tour ›
- Nikki Bella Gives Update on Artem Chigvintsev's Health, Wedding ... ›
- Nikki Bella Shares Update On Fiancé Artem Chigvintsev's Health ... ›
- Nikki Bella Says She and Fiancé Artem Chigvintsev Are in Couples ... ›
- Nikki Bella and fiancé Artem Chigvintsev welcome 1st child ›
- Nikki Bella and Fiancé Artem Chigvintsev Are in Therapy: 'He Doesn ... ›