LeBron James recently talked retirement, and there's someone he wants to play with before he calls it quits.
In an interview with The Athletic's Jason Lloyd, the Los Angeles Laker stated that he plans to spend the last year of his NBA career playing alongside his oldest son, Bronny.
“My last year will be played with my son,” James said. “Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It’s not about the money at that point.”
Under current NBA rules, the earliest 17-year-old Bronny could enter the league is the 2024 NBA draft, which would means LeBron will spend at least three more seasons in the league. The bigger question around the Bronny reaching the NBA isn't eligibility, though. It's talent.
Rivals has him as a four-star recruit from Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina, but reaching the NBA is entirely different and much harder. Four-stars not making the NBA isn't usually newsworthy, but LeBron has guaranteed it will be, should Bronny come up short.Pronouncing that the end of his legendary NBA career relies on his son making the league is an extraordinarily large amount of pressure to put on the teen.
- Celebrity Birthdays For Today, October 6th ›
- Celebrity Birthdays For Today, October 6th - Advocate Channel ›
- LeBron James - Wikipedia ›
- NBA Anti-Vaxxers Are Pushing Around the League--It's Working ... ›
- Will LeBron James and his son Bronny play in the NBA together like ... ›
- Bronny James - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN ›
- Bronny James, Sierra Canyon, Combo Guard ›
- @bronny • Instagram photos and videos ›
- LeBron James | Facebook ›
- (@kingjames) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- LeBron James (@KingJames) / Twitter ›