Orange Is The New Black star Laura Prepon is set to executive produce and direct the satirical horror-comedy, Mer.
The ViacomCBS teen brand Awesomeness is developing and writing the horror-comedy with writing partners Julie Lake and Liz Storm. The project was co-created by Lake and Storm and executive produced with Prepon.
Deadline describes the project as:
"a splashy horror-comedy about martini-swigging, man-eating mermaids on Martha's Vineyard. The series explores a young woman grappling with newfound power and female metamorphosis through the point of view of a marginalized townie turned killer mermaid."
The project will explore feminist themes through the eyes of a killer mermaid who eats people.
Our Talks With Prepon
The former That 70s Show star is no stranger directing as she worked on the TV movie Neighbors and three episodes of OITNB. Although busy just releasing her second book You and I, as Mothers: A Raw and Honest Guide to Motherhood and running her YouTube channel, we can't wait to see her direct this next project.
- laura-prepon - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Stars Reflect on Their Roles at the ... ›
- Laura Prepon Pens New Self Help Book on Motherhood - Advocate ... ›
- 'Orange is the New Black' Star Laura Prepon Discusses the End of ... ›
- Andy Samberg's Best 'Saturday Night Live' Skits ›