After eleven seasons on Shameless, Cameron Monaghan is taking on the big screen in the new thriller Shattered.
Cameron Monaghan plays Chris Decker in the film, a lonely tech millionaire who falls for the charming, blonde-haired beauty played by Lilly Krugg. However, Sky's strange behavior begins to worry Chris as he suspects her intentions may be more menacing than they appear.
Monaghan described the film as similar to erotic psychological thrillers from the past.
"I think that there's a genre of film, like the erotic thriller... the 'Basic Instinct,' the 'Body Heat,' 'Single White Female'... like there's all these movies that don't really exist anymore and I thought it was really cool upon reading the script that it felt like a throwback," Monaghan said.
Monaghan stars alongside Frank Grillo and the great John Malkovich.
"Something that was really amazing with working with John is he gave you something different in every take. He had such an awareness and mastery of the pacing and the tone of a scene and kind of playing around and dancing within it. And that was really fun playing off of him."
Shattered is in theaters and available on demand.
Related Articles Around the Web
- Cameron Monaghan (@cameronmonaghan) • Instagram photos and ... ›
- Cameron Monaghan (@cameronmonaghan) / Twitter ›
- Lilly Krug, John Malkovich, Cameron Monaghan, Frank Grillo to star ... ›
- Shattered Star Cameron Monaghan Spills the Thriller's Gory Details ›
- Shattered: Exclusive Red Band Trailer and Poster Debut for ... ›
- John Malkovich, Lilly Krug Star in 'Shattered,' First Look Revealed ... ›