It looks like hard work is paying off for Caitlyn Smith!
The Minnesota country singer who is finally getting the recognition she deserves.
Named one of Rolling Stone's 10 New Country Artists You Need To Know, Caitlyn Smith is on a trajectory towards new heights. She had this to say about working with ACM-Award-winning band Old Dominion on her hit song "I Can't."
"I am so excited I still can't believe that it's real, that this collaboration is really happening. We cut the song together, released it and you know the doors kinda kept opening. Radio heard it and they were like 'we love this' at country radio. I had never released a single to country radio at this point and so here we are now. I've got my first almost top 40 country song with my friends Old Dominion," Smith said.
Old Dominion originated in Nashville, where Smith now works, but they aren't the only big name Smith has collaborated with.
Smith started as a songwriter, writing for the likes of Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, and more. She even joined forces with Meghan Trainor and John Legend on the Billboard Hot 100 hit from 2015, "Like I'm Gonna Lose You."
This weekend, Smith is taking on Las Vegas with George Strait for the "Strait to Vegas Tour."
"I am absolutely beside myself. I cannot wait. I'm just excited to watch the show and to play in Vegas! Ah! It's gonna be so fun! I'm a songwriter, I do words for my job and something like this, I can't find the words to quite describe it. Somebody pinch me! Is this my real life? This is crazy!"
Catch Caitlyn Smith at T-Mobile Arena on Friday and Saturday.
- Gary Busey And Dennis Quad Team Up For 'Uncle Drank: The ... ›
- Katharine McPhee's Talks New Netflix Show And Baby's Name ›
- A Timeline of Lady Gaga's Number One Hits - Advocate Channel ›
- Robin Roberts' New Disney+ Show Features Iconic Women ... ›
- Missed The ACM Honors? Here's Everything You Need To Know Ahead Of TV Special - Advocate Channel ›
- Katharine McPhee's Talks New Netflix Show And Baby's Name - Advocate Channel ›