Following a recent hospitalization and the need for surgery, DWTS contestant Jeannie Mai is leaving the show.
Mai, who works as a host of The Real, appeared on Good Morning America today to deliver the news. The star was recently hospitalized and diagnosed with epiglottis which is a condition that affects her breathing. Upon the need for surgery, it quickly became clear that Mai would be unable to continue competing in the dance reality show.
Jeannie Mai had been competing on the 26th season of Dancing With The Stars with dance partner Brandon Armstrong.
Along with the photo, DWTS explained how the elimination will affect the show:
"Since Jeannie had to withdraw from the competition, tonight's show will feature the eight remaining couples and a single elimination."Unbenknownst to her or her partner, last week's performance to 'Maneater' will have to be her last. The duo pulled off a paso doble with a vampire twist in honor of Halloween. Be sure to tune in tonight to DWTS on ABC to see which pair get's the boot and see what the show has to say about Mai's early exit!
Watch Jeannie Mai’s Final DWTS Performance:
We wish for Jeannie Mai to get better real soon!
From Your Site Articles
- Jeannie Mai and Brandon Armstrong - Advocate Channel ›
- Jeannie Mai's Tango - Advocate Channel ›
- Jeannie Mai's Salsa In A Bright Neon - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Recap: 'Double Elimination Night' With A Twist - Advocate Channel ›
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Recap: Semi-Finals - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Recap: The Winner Is... - Advocate Channel ›
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Recap: 80s Night - Advocate Channel ›
- 'DWTS' Recap: Skai Jackson Slays Another Week With Cameron Boyce Tribute - Advocate Channel ›
- ICYMI: Carole Baskin Performs "Eye of the Tiger" On DWTS - Advocate Channel ›
Related Articles Around the Web