Bernie Mac: In My Own Words is a new REELZ TV special airing Sunday night. The program celebrates the life of comedic icon Bernie Mac from the beginning of his career to his passing in 2008.
In 2005, the actor and comedian was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. The disease frequently attacked his lungs until he passed from complications with pneumonia.
In the REELZ special, Bernie's family members reflect on his life and celebrate all of his accomplishments.
His wife and high school sweetheart, Rhonda Gore, reminisced, stating:
Before we even got married, he had told me. He said, "I'ma be rich. You better get on this train girl and ride it with me." I looked at him like "hm...okay."
You can watch the emotional tribute this Sunday on REELZ.
- Larry Wilmore Set To Host Peacock's New Late Night Variety Show ... ›
- comedy - Advocate Channel ›
- Nick Offerman Sells Comedy Special For Coronavirus Relief ... ›
- The National Comedy Center's Lucille Ball Virtual Comedy Festival ... ›
- DMX Passes Away After Heart Attack - Advocate Channel ›