Cardi B's recent music video for her song "WAP," featuring Megan Thee Stallion, has gone viral in recent weeks. But did anyone expect a remix from The Phantom of the Opera composer Andrew Lloyd Webber?
'Phantom of the WAPera'
In the short video, Andrew Lloyd Webber, himself, dances to "WAP." The video then cuts to him at his piano, as he plays his own song, The Phantom of the Opera, with "WAP" playing in the background.
The sound used in Webber's TikTok was actually created by a different user, @pescatarian_mama_ and Webber just used the sound, rightfully so, as it includes his famous riff from Phantom.
Andrew Lloyd Webber has become quite the TikToker. His other TikTok videos follow him playing Music of the Night on his piano, training his dog, and sharing fan costumes from his plays. According to the bio in his account, his TikTok is managed by his private office. In one of his first TikTok videos, he talks about finally getting on the app, after seeing fans making videos inspired by his music:
"Hi everybody. I cannot believe that at 72 years old, I'm finally, finally, on TikTok...If you'd like to sing along to any of my songs, let's get started folks."
We're hoping that the beloved composer continues to create videos for us!
- 'The Phantom of the Opera' Closes In The West End After 34 Years ... ›
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's Drops His Harsh Take On The 'Cats ' ›
- Olivia Rodrigo's "Drivers License" Rides To The Top Of The Charts - Advocate Channel ›
- Cardi B Announces Pregnancy During BET Awards - Advocate Channel ›
- Cardi B Set To Host The 2021 American Music Awards - Advocate Channel ›
- A Man Is Going Viral for Helping a Pro-Choice Protest With... A Burrito?! - Advocate Channel ›
- 10 Celebrities You Can Easily Dress Up As For Halloween - Advocate Channel ›